Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Still About Bees

I've taken a little blogging break while I work outside in the yard.  I've been raking leaves, draining and storing the garden hoses, emptying the eaves troughs of leaves and putting all my garden paraphernalia away.

[photo - yellow butterfly bush in my back yard]

I feel a rush of adrenaline as I hurry to catch up and get these outdoor tasks done.  Soon it will snow.

And before I know it it'll be spring again and I'll be so busy with the bees my backyard will again become neglected as the focus shifts back to the bees.

But did it ever actually shift away from them?  I don't think so.

They are tucked away with their warm wraps on.  I visit them still once a week.  I even made some sugar water for them since the next couple days are predicted to be 10+ degrees C so the bees will be flying.  I have two hive top feeders set up on a robbing table close by that they can go to.

At home I've surveyed my yard and gardens.  As I plan my chores and make my To Do lists and check them off it's always with a mind to get it done now in the fall or winter when it's quieter and I have time.  Because once spring comes there's no time any more.

I rake a little faster and trim the trees a little more than usual. Oh yes, I remember how busy spring can be.  Now I know where my busy adrenaline rush is coming from.  I'm still thinking about the bees.

No comments: